In today's always-on digital world, enterprises need a fast, efficient and extensible IT foundation that reduces complexity, enhances agility, is easy to manage and enables more resilient and protected ways of working. While many companies are aware of their need to change, few understand what it takes to transform their IT applications to meet the challenges of the new, digital age,
Desired outcomes that are driving many of our customers' modernization efforts...
- First, enterprises feel pressure to provide compelling digital experiences for their customers in order to grow revenues. They need to reduce the time it takes to convert an idea into software in production that impacts their business. They also want to rapidly iterate on that code as they learn from their customers.
- Second, it's difficult to innovate at pace and scale while also protecting your application estate from a growing number of security vulnerabilities.
- Finally, enterprises want to take full advantage of the innovations that are coming from a rapidly growing and increasingly competitive public cloud vendor landscape. This is proving to be a slower, more complex, and more expensive journey than they expected.
For these reasons, it's not surprising to see executive survey results showing that 78% of CIOs have application modernization as a top priority this year. Unfortunately, this was also a top priority last year and, yet, 48% of those same CIOs responded that they haven't made progress over the past year.
The most common reasons for this lack of progress were:
- There are an overwhelming number of choices that each team can make when assembling platform capabilities for running applications.
- Across a large number of teams and hundreds of applications, this complexity slows progress and drives up operational expense.
- Each application in the portfolio has different requirements for scaling up, scaling down, scaling out and legacy infrastructures make this difficult and expensive to support.
- Many of the most important applications are legacy monoliths, loaded with technical debt.
For these reasons, technology executives are wrestling with four important questions:
- How do we move towards modern apps with greater velocity?
- How do we operate modern infrastructure with more stability at scale?
- How do we secure modern infrastructure and cloud native platforms?
- How do we adopt cloud native services, multi-cloud management and seamless cloud native application delivery?
Our Point of View
Simplifying, modernizing and securing the digital infrastructure is IT's three-fold answer to today's digital mandate.
- Simplification unlocks value by creating a more efficient digital backbone, reducing the cost of providing current IT services and freeing scarce funds and skills to work on "change the business" initiatives.
- Modernization introduces newer (Cloud-enabled & Cloud native) architectures and replaces point-to-point interfaces between siloed systems with a services-based approach that makes it easier, faster and less expensive to create the unified experiences users demand.
- Securing the modern infrastructure means making, establishing and maintaining a resilient IT landscape that can fend off the new and unpredictable threats that come with digitization, without breaking the bank.
The agility, flexibility and scalability required for digital transformation compels enterprises to modernize, simplify and integrate their applications and infrastructure.
Huco's view is that to remain relevant and competitive in this fast-changing business landscape, IT will be shifting its role from being an enabler to being a true differentiator that works with business to identify opportunities, differentiate its offerings and help get those offerings to market as quickly and efficiently as possible.
To do this, IT must:
- Drop the traditional siloed design and support model.
- Align application and infrastructure both at design and support levels.
- Adopt a common monitoring, analytics and automation framework.
- Work towards common business process speed and availability goals.
- Modernize both the application and infrastructure portfolio in tandem.
- Ensure that the legacy IT environments are maintained at right currency levels to ensure stability.
Continuous application modernization is a gradual approach that focuses on providing digital business support and value in a timely manner. In other words: continuous delivery requires continuous modernization. Huco today address the needs of its customer with its two key offerings,
- InnovApp - a comprehensive application and infrastructure modernization framework addressing the "why, what, when, how and where" of modernization to ensure a thorough, effective and digital transformation.
- in2tive Ozone - a cloud native continuous service delivery product for seamless application delivery for new age platforms. Ozone enables both continuous integration and Continuous delivery for microservice applications with highly automated deployment workflows, built with AI algorithms to detect and monitor issues with application rollouts and prevents major negative impacts with minimal human intervention.
Huco Application Modernisation Model (HAMM)
a complete end to end Application Modernisation framework addresses the overall methodology addressing the "why, what, when, how and where" of application modernization to ensure a thorough, effective and digital transformation. Huco address's application modernisation covers key phases listed below in addressing the modernisation journey at an enterprise,
- A comprehensive Application Modernisation assessment to uncover the existing application landscape, legacy services, dependencies and provide a report on journey toward modernising platform, application and security solutions,
- It's all about Enterprise Architecture, redefining and re-imagining the new architecture based on cloud native technology trends will help enterprise lay a blueprint foundation in their application modernisation journey,
- Enabling change management through People, Process & Technology when it comes to addressing the needs to adopt the new age solutions (PMO & governance, Development landscape, Microservices/Containers, Kubernetes, CI/CD automation, DevSecOps),
- At last adoption and continuous service improvements through a sustained and innovative NEXGEN cloud native managed service to bring in a long-term benefit.
in2tive Ozone - Huco's Cloud Native IP for Continuous Delivery
Ozone enables both continuous integration and Continuous delivery for microservice applications with highly automated deployment workflows, built with AI algorithms to detect and monitor issues with application rollouts and prevents major negative impacts with minimal human intervention. Enterprises see reduction in cost via faster delivery and continuous service improvements and can easily adopt multi cloud Kubernetes deployments with Ozone.
Huco's Value Proposition
Value to Business
- Greater agility with reduced time-to-market for business
- Simplified IT consumption (XaaS) through business-aligned service catalog
- IT as a disruptor to business in a digital economy
- New age technologies ensure agility to respond to business needs
Value to IT
- IT aligned to business outcomes
- Enhanced user experience & delight
- Improved operation efficiency and productivity enhancement
- End-to-end transparency across IT ensuring predictability & cost visibility
Head of Pre-Sales